Oracle Database Administrator - Bristol
Our Client, a global organisation within the technology and consultancy sector is currently seeking a Oracle Database Administrator to join their dynamic team on a full time, permanent basis in Bristol. The suitable candidate will be responsible playing a critical role in the support of the existing client base, providing a high level of technical service daily.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Successfully handling customer calls for technical issues
- Fault finding and resolution
- Taking responsibility for the end to tend solution and service to all customers
- Ensuring complete customer satisfaction by providing a highly professional service and swift and effective resolution
- Designing and implementing solutions for incidents across multiple platforms and complex environments
- Completing analysis on incidents with the aim of providing preventative measures to avoid in the future.
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience supporting Oracle databases, SQL Server databases, Pro-IV applications or high availability web applications
- Proven experience supporting UNIX, Windows Server, Apache/Reverse Proxies, ResourceLink, Jaspersoft
- Knowledge of one or more of the following ideal; Apache, GlassFish, Tomcat, Jboss, Unix shell scripting, Power shell, ResourceLink Aurora, TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS, SAML, LDAP, Pro-IV, Mule, Payroll terminology and deadlines, Service Now use, New Relic
- Minimum of 1 year experience within technical support
- Knowledge of complex environments with multiple support and product lines
- Knowledge of server operating systems - UNIX (AIX, SOLARIS, Linux) and Windows (2012)
This is an exciting opportunity to join an interactive and dynamic team within a market leading, global organisation working Monday-Friday. Our client offer competitive benefits, modern and open plan working environments and structured training to support personal development. If you feel this could the right opportunity for you apply now.