Senior Category Manager
Senior Category Manager
London - Central Zone 1
Due to considerable market growth and further investment into the procurement department my client now require a Senior Category Manager to add to their existing professional team. This senior role sits within the Indirect Procurement Team looking at various expenditure therefore its a great opportunity for a good category manager to broaden their expertise and progress a career within a World Class Procurement function. Knowledge of OJEU regs is preferred but not essential.
55 - 60 K, 30 days hols, + Competitive Pension Scheme+ Career Progression + GYM onsite + Healthcare + Canteen
The candidate will be accountable for developing and delivering strategic sourcing and spend management initiatives for assigned and related categories. The role will support functional leadership by providing subject matter expertise for key commodities but will also challenge spend behaviour and ensure strategic sourcing process and decision-making are firmly embedded in each function.
The candidate will be the key contact for Programme Managers, Project Managers and Site Managers, will help establish site & investment requirements, manage the tender process, prepare tender documents, evaluate tender responses, negotiate the best deal for Customers and manage communication with suppliers and internal customers through to start of works. The Category Manager, as part of the Procurement team, will be expected to lead other initiatives, when required, that contributes to organizational goals and demonstrate wide knowledge of technical or functional capability leading to internal recognition as one of the experts in the field.
Direct Reports: the Category Manager oversees a Category Buyer that supports execution of initiatives as well as tactical sourcing, as directed.
Key Relationships: Category Managers, Category Leaders, Programme and Project Managers, other functional peers, internal stakeholders, industry and professional bodies
- Accountable for developing and implementing aggressive cost reduction strategies.
- Key contact for programme / project managers and site managers in tender process.
- Management of a Category Buyer
- Execution of procurement strategy and awareness of customers’ needs and expectations
- Tender management to include: supplier sourcing, bid preparation, tender analysis for supplier selection, tender negotiation and contract execution and governance
- Respect of procurement process and code of practice and active contribution to organisational goals
- Implement Key Supplier Management for the most important suppliers ensure metrics, governance, and actions are in place for continuous improvement.
- An emergent leader that is both a 'doer’ to 'manager’ and can comfortably adapt style to teach, coach, or delegate, as appropriate.
- Able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Independent, self-starting, team player.
- Is natural and articulate around senior management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior managers. Can deliver communication concisely and steer the issues to decisions needed.
- Organisational Agility. Understands how organizations work. Can sense relationships that are not apparent from organizational charts. Understands relationships between businesses, functions, boards, and shareholders.
- Success in developing and training teams.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Can learn new skills and pick up on technical aspects quickly.
- Customer Focus. Is highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Proactive and able to influence others in the business interest.
- Relevant business degree (desirable) or equivalent intellectual status
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (desirable)
- Experience, Knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of procurement systems and supply chain
- Knowledge of OJEU contracts and frameworks preferred
- Preferred experience in the construction industry & capital investments
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to work independently and across multiple functions.
- Success in working with teams.
- Rigorous and inquisitive with ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Results driven, highly professionalism individual who comfortably relates to many different types of people.
Ability to travel within UK / EU and occasionally internationally