- We are looking for an Incident Manager to have oversight of new incidents, evaluating their severity according to a Company risk appetite and personally managing the most complex these. Additionally, the role holder will offer expertise and guidance to assist in the timely resolution of lower severity status Incidents across the business. Duties will include:
- Triage new incidents as they occur and recommend a severity status
- Personally manage and own the progression of the most severe incidents through to remediation stage .
- Responsible for the management of the higher severity category of incidents and the oversight of lower severity incidents being managed by Functional Business Areas
- Provide expert guidance and SME knowledge of the Incident Process to stakeholders of all levels
- Monitor the progression of incidents, pro actively intervening where appropriate, to ensure that Incidents are progressed through to closure in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate reporting to internal stakeholders, including Executives, on the status of Incidents from inception to closure
- Establish a continuous improvement cycle where the process performance, activities, policies and procedures relating to the Incident Management Process is enhanced through learning & past experience
- Work in partnership with stakeholders in the Functional Business Units, IT, Data and Actuarial teams to constantly understand emerging risks and issues to ensure appropriate mitigation .
- Feed into company remediation standards and remediation framework.
- Ensure lessons are formally embedded into existing policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure the risk framework and T&C scheme are fully embedded.
- During periods of lower activity, undertake support to other members of the Incident Management & Remediation Team .
Experience of working within financial services/insurance is essential.
***Please note this is an Operational incident/risk post NOT an IT incident/risk position.***