Legal Counsel, In-house, lawyer, solicitor
Your new company
A dynamic and highly successful IT company, home grown in Belfast are now recruiting a Legal Counsel to join them at Senior Associate level for 1 year on a maternity cover basis. You will be responsible for performing multi-jurisdictional internal legal services within a leading commercially focused in-house legal team.
Your new role
Your role will require you to:
- Perform full end to end legal services as directed by senior team members and have accountability as appropriate for some standalone work
- Support the carriage of complex IT contracts form pre-sales stage through to delivery with a detailed understanding of the legal and commercial issues involved.
- Undertake risk analysis of proposed commercial ventures
- Review tender documentation and bid process across the public and private sectors
- Devise and implement legal aspects of Company policies and initiatives
- Ensure company compliance with legal developments and recognise when to escalate legal compliance issues
- Assist the Legal Department and Finance Director as required
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
* 3 years of relevant post qualification experience in a legal/advisory role
* Capable of delivering pragmatic commercial advice
* Excellent drafting, communication and negotiation skills (appropriate to level of experience)
* Capable of working with minimal supervision
* Effective communicator with experience of dealing with a range of internal and external stakeholders
What you'll get in return
In return you'll receive an excellent salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today if you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career.