A market leader in the provision of Integrated Stores and Supply Chain Management Solutions for Blue Chip Companies in the UK and Europe IESA are seeking an experienced Technical Buyer to work on a very exciting new opportunity with our client based in Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria.
The successful candidate will possess a robust purchasing background gained in engineering and manufacturing markets. You'll be the key point of contact for all non-standard engineering parts orders.
In addition to sourcing these special orders, you will also need to work with the Stock Controller to replenish stock items.
Along with possessing superb technical engineering parts knowledge and understanding you'll also be skilled at managing client relationships - constantly seeking opportunities to improve service delivery and efficiencies on behalf of the client.
This is a fast-paced often challenging environment and the ability to deliver at pace and under pressure at critical times is also a requirement.
Your role will involve a series of daily tasks which will cover non- stock and items to be sourced, obtaining quotes for new items and ensuring they are correctly set up for re-order.
The role will be targeted around sourcing products from our preferred list of vendors, although as part of the quotation process you may need to approach other vendors to get the best price.
You will need to be a self-starter and be able to use your own initiative to help source new products.
* Daily sourcing of various items from motors and bearings to PPE and consumables.
* Sourcing products from new and existing suppliers and using various tools to aid in this procedure
* Sending RFQ's (Requests for quotes) and RFI's (Request for information)
* Dealing with price variances, lead time issues, plant stoppers (urgent item) and urgent items
* Use of SAP and other interfaces designed for internal use plus the client's own system.
* Work to various targets
* Communicate with the client's engineers, suppliers an the internal team on a daily basis
* A strong purchasing background gained within the engineering and manufacturing industry.
* Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage, but is not an essential
* Strong organisational skills
* The ability to deliver under pressure
* Strong client relationship management skills
* Good reporting skills; Microsoft Excel
Competitive salary with great benefits
Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week