WMS Project Manager
I have partnered with a global pharmaceutical leader who requires a Project Manager to come on board to deliver a multi-site JDA roll out. The successful candidate will Plan, Manage and Control project and operational activities to implement JDA in distribution and manufacturing facilities. Works closely with organizational leaders in Operations, Logistics and other functions as well as leading teams from a wide range of information technology disciplines.
- Creates and updates project deliverables (or assist stakeholders in creating and updating them) in support of project objectives. This includes various forms of plans and records in formats to include Microsoft Project, Excel Spreadsheets, Word Documents, and presentation format. Manages project content with online PPM tools and repositories. Facilitates meetings (and produces related documents such as agendas and minutes) to review and update portfolio, program and project information. Records include PM Deliverables such as resource plans, schedules, risk and issue logs, scope documents, timecards and labor tracking information, and other plans and records. Specific examples include Project Master Schedules, Staffing Management plans and reports, Project Dashboard Reporting, and aggregate Project Execution and Project Health Check reporting / metrics.
- Effectively applies PM Tools and Methods with sponsors, resource managers, and other stakeholders, and counsels them on appropriate use and application.
- Works closely with project managers on related projects or programs on dependencies such as managing issues and risks, updating schedules and predecessors/successors, communication planning, and creating other plans and records.
- Works collaboratively in a fast paced, agile environment where close teamwork and partnering are the order of the day. Builds positive, productive working relationships across the organization.
- Addresses project challenges effectively, evaluating alternatives, proposing and implementing solutions, and taking corrective action as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven record of accomplishment of delivering successful projects in operational functions such as logistics, warehouse management and control systems, packing and shipping, and manufacturing.
- Project Management generalist: familiarity with all PM Process Groups and Knowledge Areas. Familiarity with a formal project management / PPM tool such as MS Project, Innotas, Daptiv, or other application strongly preferred.
- Broad business understanding: return on investment and business cases, process driven quality, metrics and benchmarking, financial management and IT for competitive advantage.
- Advanced skill in MS Office suite, including analytic skills using Microsoft Excel, business presentations using Microsoft Power Point and collaboration applications, and business / technical writing using styles and templates in Microsoft Word.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written / presentation formats, for both informal and formal purposes, and experience working with audiences from technical implementation staff to executive leaders.
- Problem solving skills and abilities in both business and technical environments: the ability to clarify success criteria working with a team, collaboratively develop candidate solutions and evaluate progress, and mobilize the group to take effective action to attain business goals.
- Degree level education preferred
- Formal project management certification preferred
- At least 5 years of experience leading warehouse management system implementations from an IT perspective with formal PM processes (preferably Red Prairie / JDA solutions)
- Technical experience in enterprise level IT including structured disciplines such as business continuity and disaster recovery planning, application configuration, development, and deployment, problem and change management, Security and Access Management, and ITIL.
- My client can offer between £60000 and £70000 p.a for the successful applicant
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.