After another successful year, our client is looking to appoint a Merchandiser into their Head office trading team to
Today, the business is growing by 60 per cent year-on-year, and boasts impressive turnover targets as well as a growing global team.
Our client has developed a business that is committed to offering quality, choice and excellent service to its valued customers. Successful and fast growing they are looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join their head office retail team.
As a Merchandiser you will be responsbile for the following:
- Working closely with the buying team to build a commercial range.
- Developing detailed range plans with appropriate product phasing to ensure availability is maximised and to minimise terminal stock.
- Monitoring range plans and trading plans to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved and OTB is maximised at all times.
- Maximising in-season trading opportunities to ensure optimum trading and profitability. Reacting to trading activity suggesting markdowns and promotions where appropriate.
- Working closely with other departments in the business maintaining a collaborative approach to work and ensuring that all ranges and promotions are in line with business strategy and aligned with brand values.
- Performing detailed analysis and reporting at yearly, seasonal, weekly level by department, category, line and attribute. Identifying sales patterns and potential trading opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience planning and trading your own department, including forecasting, strategy planning and OTB management responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, IF), and high level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
- Enthusiasm and determination.
- Management and leadership experience.
Competitive salary based on experience.