Deputy Manager - Biggleswade £27,000 - £28,000
A fantastic opportunity up for grabs with a leading multi product discount retailer who are experiencing significant growth.
Store Assistant Manager applicants will be reliable with a professional and focused approach to store operations and people management.
The Store Assistant Manager will have excellent operational skills and a proven track record of driving measureable performance improvements using practical techniques.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example
- Achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Take ownership for recruiting, training and managing a team of up to 60 staff
- Responsible for performance and absence management
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of managing a team of more than 25
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business