About our client:
With our client you'll enjoy fast-paced, challenging and stimulating work within a small team. Their decision making is quick and they work to short development cycles. Everyone gets involved in team-based projects and decisions regardless of their role or job level. They strive to make everyone feel an important part of their company and can make a difference. The company is growing and has achieved success worldwide, but the best is yet to come. They are looking for enthusiastic and committed people to join them to keep up their pace of innovation and leadership.
About the QA Engineer:
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Engineer is responsible for performing the day-to-day QA activities required within the Agile development team. This includes writing test plans, creating, maintaining and executing automated test suites and performing manual and exploratory testing of new releases & bug fixes where required.
You will work in close collaboration with the developers through the full development cycle to ensure that quality is instilled as early as possible and carried through to the final Live product ensuring that all our client’s products meet customer’s functional requirements and perform to internal and external SLAs.
Main responsibilities of the QA Engineer:
- You will create, maintain and execute automated tests to support agile software development and in line with the automation strategy
- You will run exploratory and usability tests using various testing tools.
- Follow best practices of the QA team and drive the QA strategy.
Requirements of the QA Engineer:
- Good experience in building automated functional regression test suites.
- Some experience and knowledge of using programming languages
- Experience in testing APIs, SOAP & REST Web services, Websites / Web applications.
- Working experience in Agile development and understanding of development processes and concepts.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Able to influence and manage internal stakeholders to ensure customer objectives are understood and met.
- Able to manage your own time and handle multi-task delivery to short timescales.
- Good analytical mind – problem solving skills; on your own or brainstorming with colleagues
- Good investigatory skills – able to find, outline and fix issues that arise in system
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written to talk about your work with both technical and non-technical people
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification in Software Testing or Agile Testing
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio development tool and .NET technologies including C#
- Good knowledge of SQL Server development using Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views
- Experience with the NUnit testing framework.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration.
- Experience in load and performance testing.
- Generous share option scheme
- Flexible personal pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday a year increasing to 28 days with service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to work, childcare vouchers, gym discount
- Financial support for activity groups and charitable activities
- Free fruit, drinks and snacks, limitless coffee and espressos
- Headphones, hoodies, slippers…. to keep you happy and comfortable
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the QA Engineer role then please apply now!