Renewable energy domestic engineer
Renewable energy domestic engineer
£36,000 per annum
Define excellence for our valuable communities.
At Silcoa, we’re proud of our meticulous standards. Established by Selwood Housing Group, we are a property repair and improvement company that takes care of local people, ensuring their homes are maintained to the highest standards. Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, we provide a level of service that is professional and respectful - and now we’d like you to consider joining us as a renewables engineer.
From domestic plumbing to central heating appliances, you will turn your hand to anything that needs repairing. Taking on both planned and unplanned works, you will service and fix a variety of ancillary equipment such as pumps, tanks, valves and water pipes. Maintaining your own vehicle stock, you will aim to fix the problem on the first call-out, finding innovative solutions to a huge scope of challenges. Ensuring your work meets all relevant health, safety and legislative standards, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the team to meet targets and secure our reputation for industry-leading service. Crucially, your proactive can-do attitude will ensure that the customers feel comfortable with you in their homes.
As you will often be working alone, you will have the confidence to meet deadlines and make considered decisions about what needs doing. Self-assessing your work, you will see to it that a high-quality end-product is delivered. Offering technical assistance to other colleagues, you will be a team-player with the ability to work flexibly. This extends to the fact that you will be working shift patterns of 8am-5pm or 11am-8pm Monday to Friday, with the willingness to join our out-of-hours rota. It goes without saying that you’ll need excellent communication skills with the capacity to follow detailed instructions. Qualified to NVQ level 3 standards in Gas, Plumbing or Heating (or equivalent).
Experience in the following technical knowledge is essential:
- NIBE Advanced Exhaust Air Service and Maintenance
- Daikin and Vaillant Ground source and air source fault finding and maintenance.
- Solar Thermal fault finding and maintenance.
- EAL Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing & Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in dwellings (600/7695/1)
- Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems (UHWSS)
- F-GAS City & Guilds Level 2
- Worcester Logic Certification Solar Thermal & Heatpumps
- Mitsubishi Ecodan Advanced Install and Servicing
Training will be supported where required.
Experience in the following technical knowledge is desirable:
- Commercial: Air Heating, First Fix Pipework, Pipework Commissioning, Testing & Purging up to 1m3 (TPCP1A), Water CH Indirect Fired Heating Appliances
- Indirect Fired Heating Appliances and Domestic Natural Gas Safety
- Cooking Appliances
- Water Heating Appliances, Space Heaters (HTR1) and Heating Boilers
- Meters and Energy Efficiency (Part L)
- OFT/101 Oil fired, commissioning/servicing pressure jet burners
When you choose to join Silcoa, you’re opening yourself up to a world of possibilities. The communities we support will always welcome input from hard-working and dynamic individuals - and in turn we will support you with a friendly and welcoming environment in which your career satisfaction genuinely matters to us. So if you’re keen to take on a role in which you can improve the lives of those you come into contact with, then we’d love to hear from you.
For this role TMP Worldwide will collect personal data on behalf of Selwood Housing Group solely for the purposes of recruitment in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Please apply early as applications may close before the indicated date.