KS4 Student Support Worker - Wandsworth
Graduate Student Support worker (Teaching Assistant) | KS4 to GCSE Level | Degree Educated | SEND Support
This progressive Secondary School in Wandsworth is looking for a graduate looking to further their career and take on the position of a Student Support Worker.
The role will mainly involve work at Key Stage 4 GCSE-level, but some Key Stage 3 work is possible. Subject expertise will be taken into account in order to create the candidate's timetable. SSWs are line managed by the SSW coordinator and the Assistant Principal i/c Pupil Premium.
Your New Role:
- To support classes in Mathematics and / or Science and / or Languages, working with specific students in order to improve their progress.
- To work with small groups and / or individual students on specific tasks, as directed by the class teacher.
- To support students with SEND and/or Social Inclusion needs.
- To facilitate the differentiation of tasks for students.
- To support specific students with catch-up and intervention sessions, under the supervision of senior staff and middle management.
- To support specific students with guided revision and homework, under the supervision of senior staff and middle management.
- To support senior staff at lunch time to provide a calm and orderly environment, in the refectory and around the school grounds.
- To participate in school trips, accompanying students and staff off-site for educational visits, sometimes involving early start times or late returns.
- To ensure the school's health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
- To support all school policies including equal opportunities, bullying, behaviour for learning etc.
To Succeed you will need:
- You will need to be educated to a degree level
- Be able to demonstrate excellent behaviour management skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have previous experience of working as a Teaching Assistant supporting individuals, small groups and whole classes in a secondary school
- Previous experience supporting students up to GCSE
- Be passionate about the education of children
- Haven proven experience of support students with SEN
- Be able to provide child related references within the last year
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' and forward us an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on .
Claim up to £250 worth of high street vouchers! If you know of any Secondary Teaching Assistants in South West London a that may be looking for a new teaching role (permanent, long term or daily supply) then refer a friend to Hays Education and we'll reward you.
For more information please contact Kavita at Hays Education on .