AML Subject Matter Expert
An AML Subject Matter Expert is required by a global Investment Bank to help prevent, detect and investigate fraud and other financial crime with Corporate Banking & Security and across the Group. This will be achieved by continuous Financial Crime risk assessment across all regions to mitigate the risk of fraud and financial crime occurring. The team undertakes proactive and reactive investigations that may arise from internal and external events and co-ordinate with other similar functions within Internal Audit and Compliance.
The key responsibilities are
- Review and complete AML escalations in relation to High risk customers
- Review High risk customer Know Your Client Profiles in accordance with local regulations
- Provide advice to the business and other infrastructure functions concerns identified though negative news media
- Identify and escalate any identified sanctions or corruption concerns
- Provide advice to the business and other infrastructure functions in relation to AML matters
- Assist with the collection, submission and delivery of AML related Management Information
- Conduct AML training where appropriate/when requested by the business
- Ensure that any potentially suspicious transactions identified locally or via monitoring tools are immediately investigated, documented and if deemed suspicious
- Ensure all business partners are made aware of the AML record retention requirements (and updates) so that they comply with the appropriate laws and regulations
- Ensure all policies relating to the business coverage model are up to date, meet the regulatory requirements and have been reviewed in line with the expiry date and new versions have been produced, approved and circulated for implementation to all relevant parties
- Represent the UK AML Team at various industry forums on new AML and Know Your Client development and the region at the High Risk Industry Review Committee
- Participate within AML related projects or represent the UK AML team at business led initiatives
You will have previous experience in a corporate AML role within the financial services arena and have an excellent working knowledge of AML regulations etc. You will have experience of PEPs, bearer shares, offshore accounts, complex ownership structures etc. You will also have a good understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organisations. Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail are essential as are excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Please only apply for this role if you are a genuine AML Subject Matter Expert with all of the experience detailed above.