Cisco Pre Sales Consultant
Ccdp ccde ccie "pre sales" cisco sales "solutions consultant"
Cisco Pre Sales Consultant for a major UK managed network services provider
Up to £70k base plus £7k car allowance and bonus/commission
Home based - North of Birmingham locations preferred
The Pre Sales Consultants primary role is to work with Sales in accounts to help qualify and understand the Customer’s IT architecture and strategy, ensure that they understand our broad value proposition, and to identify and drive from a technical perspective opportunities within accounts across the entire portfolio. The Pre Sales Consultant will engage other resources as appropriate to develop specific opportunities which they uncover and deliver quality High Level Designs to the customer. The Pre Sales Consultant will work closely with Sales to deliver an excellent overall customer experience when working with us.
Pre Sales Design
- To work with and support Sales in accounts, to design, influence and shape the Customer’s IT architecture and strategy to deliver HLDs that meet their business outcomes.
- To assist in the development of an account strategy and contact plan for accounts aimed at raising the awareness of our value proposition and developing opportunities across a broad range of Solution areas.
- To assist the Account Manager and/or Bid Manager with the technical qualification of a new business opportunity or prospect, or with a complex requirement within an existing Customer account, to ensure that it aligns with target markets, portfolio, delivery and lifecycle services capability.
- To build a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing Customers in accounts and to help customers with road mapping their requirements and future needs
- To engage with the Customer at a senior IT/IT Director level to position propositions, and to help the Customer to develop a broad, integrated Communications Strategy and architecture.
- To identify specific opportunities within the Account, engaging Solutions Consultants and other pre-Sales resources with required skills as appropriate to develop propositions which meet these requirements
- To act as pre-Sales Technical lead in selected nominated accounts to build relationships with customers technical teams in order to add best value to both the Customer and Capita
- To gain the position of Trusted Advisor with the Customer
Development of the Pre-Sales Function
- To work with the Pre-Sales and broader "Go to Market" team to help develop the propositions and operation of these functions
- To provide input where required to the training and development plans for the Department
- To provide thought-leadership to the wider pre-Sales team in general
- Extensive experience of designing service led Cisco solutions across Cisco Architectures
- A strong technical background across a broad range of networking and security products aligned with the strategic needs of the business
- Advanced understanding of service and sales principles and practice
- Ideally having knowledge of ITIL
- Ideally holding industry recognised networking accreditations, for example:
o Cisco CCDP/CCDE
Extensive experience in a Pre Sales capacity
- Current UK driving licence.
- Strong skills in:
o Customer Care
o Time Management
o Presentation skills
o Communications (oral & written)
o Use of relevant IT and software
o Use of relevant tools and equipment