Our friendly Edinburgh branch are currently recruiting Support Workers in Edinburgh, Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Tranent, Dunbar, Roseburn, Leith and surrounding local areas.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Support Role
Our person centred service is designed to enable service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. You will be working on either a 1-1 basis or within a small team of Support Workers based in a range of setting care, nursing and residential homes in the Edinburgh area.
You could be working from a range of residential and/or community settings in and around Edinburgh. We also have some opportunities for our carers to to work with some clients with mental health and learning disabilities, so any prior experience with working with individuals with mental health conditions or learning disabilities is desirable.
- Competitive salary, up to £ 13.63 paid hourly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a local line manager
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team, 365 days a year
- Free ongoing training and development with experienced nurses through our work credits scheme
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Role Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK.
- An SVQ2 in Health and Social Care is also desirable.
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years.
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs.
- You must be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course.
Your local branch is home to the worlds largest performing arts festival - The Edinburgh Festival Fringe which takes place every year! You can find our branch at the Quadrant, New Mart Place.
We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.