Finance Business Partner
This is a unique position for a Finance Business Partner to work for an Investment Manager who is committed to forest conservation. This is a great opportunity for a recently Qualified Accountant who is commercially minded and open to travelling to South America and Asia.
This very commercial and value add role will partner with international Accounting teams and joint venture partners to provide strategic financial advice for conservation projects. You will be forecasting future project activity, cash flows and budgets.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage all project budgets, managing the budget approval process, producing regular analysis and internal reports and tracking project progress against budget.
- Build an excellent customer centric approach, developing and maintain trusting relationships with all partners and stakeholders
- Initial remit to implement new project accounting standards and processes in Asia and Latin American
- Research Accountancy standards in different countries, and implement and update guidelines and materials to ensure continued best practice
- A key element of the role will be managing the internal audit process.
- You will be analysing and reporting to the project partners, to ensure that project performance is tracked against budget.
- Drive continuous improvement of financial management strategies, processes and tools.
- Implementing new and updating current process depending upon project requirements.
- Offering strategic financial advice to our project partners, and support them with updating financial models to reflect project changes.
- Forecasting future project activity and cash flows
You will also be a key member of the Finance Team and provide excellent service to the global business. You must be able to easily transition from hands-on detailed work with an attention to detail, to high level strategic discussions with executives.
The successful candidate will be expected to spend 50% of their time visiting projects in Asia and Latin America.
To be selected for this role you will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) and have exceptional analytical skills combined with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. As this is a new position in a growing organisation, you must be able to demonstrate emotional maturity and the ability to think creatively and problem solve.
You could be ACA Qualified from practice with 1-2 years post qualified experience in a commercial role. Alternatively you could have qualified in industry (Financial Services especially Investment Management would be ideal. Alternatively Oil and Gas, petroleum (commodities), Charity or a Mission Led background would be a distinct advantage.