Marketing Director- Performing Arts
A well-established and successful UK wide network of performing arts academies is looking for a Commercial Director to join the business and lead the commercial, strategic planning, marketing communication and insight activities to help achieve the company’s expanding objectives.
Reporting in to the CEO and working with the management team to develop and implement strategies to grow income and profitability. Other duties include:
- Developing and improving strategic planning processes, develop 3-5 year plans and working with CEO & FD.
- Leading the development of commercial, brand, marketing, communication, media and sales strategies.
- Drive sales and improve profitability and deliver KPI targets.
- Manage the Marketing, Web Development & creative teams, ensuring quality and client/student retention.
- Business Partnering with academy principles to inspire and empower academy with commercial and marketing skills.
- Inspiring best practice marketing and leading the development of strategies.
- Devising and embedding processes to improve customer/student understanding.
- Increasing brand awareness and evolving a distinctive brand reputation, driving traffic via website and social media.
- Overseeing and analysing the effectiveness of launch plans for new academies and reviewing performance of all academies on an ongoing basis.
- Overseeing the preparation of business and marketing strategies and plans for new ventures, products and services to sustain the portfolio growth profitability.
- Succession planning, recruiting and training the Marketing and Web Development teams.
The Person – Skills and Experience required:
The role will require extensive skills and experience particularly marketing, business development and sales. Financially literate, likely to have held full business or brand P&L responsibility and able to devise Business & Marketing plans. You will be a proven branding expert, with knowledge of a very wide range of the marketing mix including traditional media, TV, radio, print and an in-depth knowledge of digital and social media marketing. Ideally you will have experience building businesses and have an interest/experience in media, the performing arts and education.
This is an amazing opportunity for a strong commercial strategic leader – A Visionary, who can bring teams together with superb blend of commercial, marketing/brand and relationship skills who are able to spot and turn abstract ideas in to commercially successful products, services and brands.