Interim Head of Finance
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right banking professional with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing and successful bank. We are now recruiting for an Interim Head of Finance on a 12-month fixed-term contract to lead, manage and develop the Finance team to provide financial accounting, business planning and management accounting analysis and overall financial controls to the UK branch business.
Reporting to the Managing Director (UK), the Interim Head of Finance is a member of the Core Management Team (CMT) for the UK. With other Core Management Team members, the Interim Head of Finance will lead the UK branch in delivery of its business strategy and objectives, and contribute to leadership of Triodos Bank.
Main areas of responsibility include to:
- Lead the Finance function to ensure they deliver business objectives and drive best practice
- Responsible for ensuring the financial propriety of the branch and ensuring that there are appropriate controls over transactions and effective management of financial and other risks
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial and management reporting
- Work with HQ finance team and other finance representatives around the Group to develop and implement policies and standards that are appropriate to both the Group and the UK businesses
- Interpret past, present and projected future branch results for the benefit of the Core Management Team and other key constituencies including Group Finance and the Executive Board
- Monitor business performance, costs and capital expenditure in context through appropriate MI, recommending remedial action where appropriate
- Participate in pricing decisions, ensuring financial and treasury risks are considered, and providing technical and professional support to the pricing processes for both assets and liabilities
- Establish financial and non-financial plans, budgets and KPIs in line with strategic plans and objectives
- Responsible for balance sheet asset and liability management, including interest rate risk management, funding, liquidity risk, currency risk
- Co-ordinate UK ALCO and provide appropriate management information and commentary
- Manage liquidity and investment portfolio to optimise investment returns within agreed risk parameters
- Ensure there is an appropriate portfolio of investment counterparties
- Understand and interpret UK regulators’ expectations in relation to balance sheet management of the UK branch (including capital, liquidity, exchange risk, interest rate risk), and ensure that we meet those expectations
- Manage branch taxation affairs within appropriate policy and risk parameters, including corporate taxes and payroll taxes
- Liaise with group taxation function as appropriate to ensure compliance with group policies
- Contribute to brand promotion and the mission of Triodos through personal and professional networking, speaking engagements and through professional and industry bodies
The role requires clear strategic thinking with highly developed analytical skills, with proven and focused planning and project management skills. The role holder will have professional experience of working in a financial services organisation and have knowledge of UK and European financial services regulation, as well as being educated to degree level with appropriate accounting qualification (preferably ACCA or ACA).
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will receive a competitive basic of up to £90,000 depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 5% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance - x 4 basic pay
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- A wellbeing allowance - £100 a year
- Vitality Leave - After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and childcare vouchers
This role is designated as a Certification Regime role within the Senior Managers and Certification Regime under the category "Significant Management" because the role is a direct report of the branch Managing Director and has a high level of responsibility and autonomy of action within the authority delegated to it.
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for Triodos and be suitable for the role, including salary expectations.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.