Head of Development
Job Title: Head of Development
Location: Staffordshire Head Office
Salary: Competitive & good benefits package
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Development to join their team.
Are you passionate about working in The Arts and are looking for a new position within an organisation going through exciting development and growth? Do you want to work for a theatre that is nearing the end of a major capital investment piece? If so, our client has an excellent opportunity for you!
Our client are currently half way through a capital fundraising campaign to raise £7m, to deliver the final phase of their theatre development. They have achieved 80% of this target and this role will add vital capacity to the final phase of their project.
Head of Development –The Role:
Due to the expansion of this organisation you will be responsible for developing and implementing an enterprising fundraising strategy to build financial resilience. It requires a combination of strategic planning to maximise all available income streams as well as being hands on in generating furthering funding via corporate grants, major gifts and capital funding. You will be responsible for recruiting and line managing a small team to also support this role.
The role has the possibility of becoming Director of Development dependent on the experience of the candidate.
Head of Development –Key Responsibilities:
- To develop and manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects, developing a bespoke strategy for each individual and creating and delivering cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans that reflect these strategies.
- Manage and control all data held in relation to grants applications, developing systems to improve turnaround times and success rates
- Assess requirements for funding and be able to provide a short, medium and long term plan to the Executive Team on how to develop these income streams.
- To create and deliver an annual programme of events for supporters designed to maximise supporter retention and upgrades and overall engagement with the theatre.
Head of Development –Experience Required:
- Income generation experience within major gifts and corporate grants streams. Experience of other fundraising opportunities i.e. government funding, lottery funding, HNWIs, trusts etc. would be desirable.
- Team leadership skills
- Experience of working with fundraising databases.
- Experience of working in the third sector / charitable organisations
- Ability to travel to meet potential donors as the role requires
To submit your CV for this exciting Head of Development, please click ‘Apply’ now.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Candidates with relevant experience of being a Philanthropy Manager, Head of Major Gifts, Major Gifts Manager, Grants Manager, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Fundraising Manager, Director of Fundraising, Head of Income Generation are all invited to apply