Head of Loans Operations
This rapidly growing financial services organisation is seeking a Head of Loans Operations to join its team on a 6-month contract (possibly longer).
You will be managing a team of 5 'Loans Processors', whose responsibility it is to ensure the loan application is processed smoothly from start (application) to finish (release of funds).
Some of your duties whilst managing the team are as follows:
- Have a comprehensive overview of current loan caseload and the progress of each individual loan from application through to being matched with lenders.
- Allocate new loans to the team ensuring the relevant Loans officer has the necessary skills to progress and match loans accurately.
- Provide advice to the Loans team as required.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed by the Loans Officer.
- Ensure the C.O.O. is kept informed on the progress and value of loan applications and the status of pending loans/lenders.
- Communicate with clients/perspective clients by phone and written correspondence.
The team is responsible for the following:
- Receive enquiries from individuals/businesses potentially submitting a loan application.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the proposition
- If relevant carry out investigations into the viability of the loan application.
- If the loan has potential but there are aspects that need adapting/changing liaise with the individual(s) applying and communicate the relevant information that needs to be taken into account
- Provide guidance on non-standard cases to the loans team.
- To ensure the appropriate usage of Legal Panel Solicitors.
- Ensuring that lenders are matched to the appropriate loans
- Ensuring compliance to FCA and other legal financial standards.