Accountant - French/English Speaker
The recruitment department of the French Chamber of Great Britain is acting as an agency for its 610 member companies, one of which is currently recruiting an Accountant.
The company is a specialist in the fields of cross-border auditing and accounting-related services.
It is the UK branch of an audit international firm. The primary purpose of the firm is to provide audit and accounting-related services to meet the needs of clients with operations in both the UK and France.
The role is based in Central London
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Client Accounting - Managing a portfolio of clients - Maintenance / Review of client records, sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations - Preparation of accurate informative management accounts to be delivered in a timely fashion on a monthly / quarterly basis
• Preparation of Financial Statements
• VAT : review / preparation / submission of client quarterly VAT Returns
• Payroll Processing / Reviewing monthly payroll, auto-enrolment and advising clients of amounts to be paid
• Liaise with clients and answer queries and issues
• Review and supervise Trainee work
• French degree (Bac + 3) - DCG / Licence in management / Business School / or AAT /ACCA partqualified + knowledge of French Chart of Accounts
• Minimum 18 months experience in an Accountancy Practice with similar responsibilities
• Fully operational in both spoken and written English and French
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience using Sage line 50 / Sage Accounts Production / IRIS Accounts Production
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong analytical skills and be highly attentive to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Strong time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Be a good team player