School Catering Assistant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Casual Catering Assistant to join the team at a supportive school in Newham - working on a casual basis as and when required at the school site. The shifts are currently 10-2 and the school are looking for someone full time - long term.
Joining our prestigious educational site you will need to be a fast working all-rounder. Working as part of a team your daily tasks will mainly consist of:
- general kitchen duties
- food preparation
- serving, cleaning and washing up
- maintaining high standards of presentation of food and replenishing counters keeping them looking attractive throughout the service time
- speaking to each customer in a friendly, helpful and professional manner
- assisting customers whenever necessary, listening to any comments they may have and relaying these to the Manager or Chef
- undertake all basic training and work effectively with colleagues as part of a team
You will also need good communication skills and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the jobs.
Experience in a similar role would be an advantage but full training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment. Please note that an enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role and appropriate evidence necessary to support the application.
You will be required to prove your right to work in the UK and to provide two referees at interview stage.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £10 - £11 /hour