We have several full and part time Healthcare Assistant jobs Hamilton, Coatbridge, Wishaw, Blantyre and the surrounding local areas of South Lanarkshire, through our Hamilton branch.
There is also the opportunity to take supplementary shifts as a Senior Healthcare Assistant if you have the essential qualifications.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Caring Role
Through your promotion of independence, you will encourage and support clients in their day-to-day lives, enabling them to live more fulfilling lives. This could include a range of tasks and activities such as personal care, domestic tasks and general activities that allow that individual to live their life in the way they choose. It is essential that you are able to work in a kind, compassionate and professional manner, putting the service user at the center of all you do
If you are able to undertake Senior Carer shifts, you'll work in a similar way as a Care Assistant but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team. You may be involved in supervising your team or assist in administration of medication.
Take advantage of flexible, agency-style working that fits around your needs but gives you all the benefits of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and free ongoing training (earned as you work).Newcross Care Assistant Perks
- Salary of up to £11.86/hr for Healthcare Assistants and up to £13.04/hr for Senior Healthcare Assistant shifts, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (PVG) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.CA Role Requirements
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs including a clinical reference.
- You will need to be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join our team
- SVQ3 in Health and Social Care with medication certificate to take Senior HCA shifts
- A certificate in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross.
Your local branch is based on Castle Street in Hamilton town centre, a short walk away from the local train station. Hamilton is home to Chatelherault Country Park - the hunting lodge of the previous Dukes of Hamilton; which is only a short 6 minute drive away from our branch.
We deliver the Newcross standard of care to clients across Lanarkshire, including areas such as Cumbernaud and Wilshaw.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.