Are you talented Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser? Do you want to work for a Global fashion retailer? This could be the job for you!
Michael Page Fashion are working with a VERY successful fashion business who have been expanding internationally and have achieved an increase in sales year on year. My client is a market leader and is looking for a strong Senior Merchandiser who will be able to help manage, support and drive the business.
The Senior Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Drive the review of the previous season and capture lessons learned
- Drive the strategy for the department and present
- Approve the proposed grading from the trading Merchandiser for input into the assortment planning process.
- Quarterly plan at Category/Season level with the Buyer to submit a plan on the System that reflects the best possible mix of product to deliver the KPI's
- Attend selection/pre-selection meetings with the Buyer and suppliers
- Plan the pre-scheduling to meet the range plan - in conjunction with Assistant Merchandisers
- Overview the ratio's for all buys in conjunction with merchandise teams.
- Ensure that the Buy matches the plan Buy
- Be responsible for the pushing of the business forward through proposing new ways of working and planning and be the driving force in implementing
- Ensures Buying and Merchandising plans tie in with financial stock targets (sales, stock and intake)
- Ensures supplier terms are utilised to hit company targets.
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's, identifying Issues and the course of action in preparation for the weekly trading meetings
- Propose and agree actions to recover risk and maximise opportunities with the Buyer at category and line level.
- Monthly - Capture all agreed actions in the monthly forecast reviews
- Work up the forecast from category/Season level to Buyer Group
- Meet and gain approval : Incorporating
- Forecasting any sales variance to plan
- Creation of OTB's
- Management of commitments - On time delivery, rebuys cancellations
- Markdown proposals
- Provide Retail with Merchandising aids through the Store Allocators
- Manage the range plan in Season reflecting any changes
- Create and Manage/monitor sell out dates against all products
- Manage Intake at category and line level
The successful candidate will need the following skills:
- Experience within a similar merchandising role is essential
- Worked to/within financial KPI'S within previous role is advantageous
- Strong systems knowledge and experience of building Merchandise practices from beginning level
Competitive package and salary