Engineering Account Manager
Spitfire was founded in 1988 in London; the company specialises in providing Network and IP Engineering Solutions to a wide range of small and medium sized businesses. Spitfire is an owner-managed business with its own network infrastructure and established offices in Stockwell, London, and the West Midlands. Spitfire has grown from a start-up to a business with £25m turnover, over 6000 business customers, and 100 members of staff.
Spitfire is looking for Engineering Account Managers to assist in growing Spitfire’s Internet and Voice business. This is a really exciting opportunity and would be ideal for someone who is driven and keen to develop a long term career in Engineering Sales and Account Management.
Successful applicants will achieve and exceed targets within the existing customer base and deliver budgeted new business sales.
Engineering Account Managers are responsible for the full sales cycle, from customer acquisition and technical pre-sales consultation, to quoting and closing the deal.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hour week, permanent, full time
- Identify sales opportunities, grow and cross sell Spitfire’s products within the existing base and also seek out and develop new business customers in order to capitalise on maximum sales growth
- Review and understand the customers computer applications and their consequent network needs from a telecommunications & IP engineering perspective
- Meet and exceed set sales targets and sales activities
- Understand and keep abreast of competition, their issues, products and pricing
- Provide support and day to day account management to allocated customers
- Assist other departments in resolving customer issues to help retain clients
- Prepare written presentations, customer demonstrations, costs saving analyses, and product quotations
- Regularly log all sales leads and manage these on a day to day basis
- Update and provide accurate sales order and forecasting figures
- Learn, assimilate and keep up to date with industry technology
Requirements & Capabilities
- Graduate with Maths A Level
- A proven track record in consultancy led sales
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with new customers
- Able to prioritise workloads and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Passionate about technology
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Have an excellent work ethic and a strong desire to be successful
Benefits of Working at Spitfire
- Spitfire offer excellent earning potential and reward generously for success and hard work
- Our Sales Teams enjoy various motivational competitions and incentive schemes
- We believe that everyone plays a part in contributing to the success of our business, and therefore we are dedicated to the personal and professional development of all of our employees
- All Engineering Account Managers obtain professional engineering qualifications, which are widely recognised and allow them to develop extensive product knowledge and understanding to become the best in the industry
- Our offices are modern and open plan with fantastic views towards the City of London
- We also provide Permanent Health Insurance after two years continuous employment
- Employees have access to discounts on TV and broadband packages
- There is a gym next door for which Spitfire employees do not need to pay a joining fee
Our sales team work hard, they also like to socialise regularly and play various team sports.
To apply please send CV with covering letter detailing your suitability for the role.
If you do not hear from us within ten working days your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that CVs sent without a covering letter will be disregarded.