Solar PV Designer
TM Resourcing (Technical & Engineering) are recruiting for a Solar PV Designer to work for a company in Marden, Kent.
We are looking for a positive and motivated individual with qualifications and experience in electrical design and Solar PV. The role will involve designing domestic and large scale commercial PV for their clients.
* Design both AC and DC components of solar electric (PV) systems.
* Ensure all electrical work undertaken is safe and that it complies with current regulations.
* Ensure installations are designed in a timely and cost effective manner to a high standard.
* Solar PV Layout and String Design.
* Design of other technologies including battery storage, EV charging points, LED lighting, voltage optimization and other related technologies.
* Manage jobs through to completion offering technical support to installers and after sales support.
* Carry out any planning, DNO or other regulatory applications.
* Assist and work as a team in the office, carrying out other duties when required.
* Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety of the company.
* At least 2 years practical experience of PV design in commercial sites and domestic properties.
* At least 2 years practical experience of the following:
* Google SketchUp
* SMA / Solaredge Design Tools
* AutoCAD or similar
* DNO applications
* Knowledge of Part P - NICEIC or similar registration.
Skills & Qualifications Essential
* BS7671 Electrical Regulations (including cable calculations)
* Engineering related qualification
* Highly organised
* Clear headed under pressure
* City and Guilds 2372 PV Training or similar
* PV Installation experience
* CSCS (or ECS) Card Held
* Experience in designing Battery Storage, LED lighting (Commercial), voltage optimization and EV Charging Essential
* Proven ability to work as part of a team and or lead a team
* Proven track record in working with customers.
* Proactive attitude to problem solving
* Enthusiasm and understanding of renewable energy.
* Able to work a range of hours
* Full driving license
* Legal right to work in the UK
What our client is prepared to offer
* Salary depending on experience for a 40 hour week
* Training opportunities
* 21 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
To more information on the role or to apply for this fantastic position follow the online instructions, email CV to or call James on