Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced and dedicated Support Workers to care for our service users in Chichester,Worthing, Shoreham-by-Sea, Lancing, Goring-by-Sea, Bognor Regis and the surrounding local areas. Previous experience of working with either children and young adults who have learning disabilities and challenging behaviour, or individuals with mental health conditions is highly desirable yet not essential. You may be working in a range of different environments yet rest assured you will receive full support through our local Chichester Branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Support Worker Role:
As a naturally caring and compassionate person, you will play an essential part in delivering great quality, person-centred care to every service user you encounter. This means recognising the capabilities of each person and seeing them as more than just a care plan.
You will be a confident lone worker, comfortable working on either a 1-1 basis or within a small team of Support Workers based in a residential, nursing, care home setting.
As a member of our team you will provide the friendly companionship the client needs and assistant them in engaging in activities of daily living such as leisure and personal care.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care and experience with challenging behaviour.Newcross Support benefits
- Salary up to £15.15/hr, including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Free training and uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage paid for some clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.Requirements:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Full driving licence and access your own vehicle is desirable
- Experience of clients with challenging behaviour
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions in Chichester is located near Chichester Cathedral and provides the local West Sussex area with flexible permanent healthcare staff to residential, nursing and care homes.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call .
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.