Field Service Engineer
Company - National Crane Supplier.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Service Engineer to join our national client based in the Midlands area.
You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes, trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions, consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues, generating sales leads during service call, and completing appropriate documentation.
Experience and skills required:
- You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
- Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor. A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits.
- Some frequency speed control device experience.
- Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height.Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given
- Willingness to work rostered day shift [pattern) 5 days out of 7 ( 39 hours over 5 days) Scheduled weekend working will attract enhanced premiums. Working one weekend in every month.
- Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
- Proven commitment to safety
- You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Hold a current driving licence
- Possess a UK work permit
Hours - Day shifts 5 days out of 7 (39 hours over 5 days). Scheduled weekend working will attract enhanced premiums. Working one weekend in every month.
Location - Field based across the Midlands area (Branch based in West Bromwich)
Salary: £28K - £31K basic (OTE £50K) + company vehicle/ laptop/ mobile + excellent additional benefits