Software Developer - PHP
PHP Developer / Software Developer
Outskirts of Nottingham City Centre with parking and great facilities
£30,000 - £42,000 - Depending on the level you are coming in at
Our client is a Software company with a fabulous office and what they describe as a café culture. They have a small, positive, supportive development team responsible for all aspects of the software application.
They offer a high level of flexibility and in this role, you are able to do more exciting code than their corporate counterparts. Recently they have recently moved out of the initial product development phase, and are now moving into the international arena.
Our client is excited about the opportunities that this brings, and they are looking for the right enthusiastic, brilliant coder to integrate with their existing team.
- You care about developing the next industry beating feature whilst delivering reliable and effective software applications.
- You like writing quality software and develop tests as a normal part of your day.
- You clearly articulate your ideas; both verbally and in written communication.
- Your sensitivity to the user’s need allows you to develop the right tool with the simplest interface.
- Strong at creating unit tests, particularly in PHPUnit
- Capable of implementing and improving test plans
- Strong OO software design principles, ideally in PHP5
- Very capable of writing code in the MVC pattern, ideally in Zend framework
- Strong HTML5
- Good at using source code versioning, ideally in Git
- Happy working within an agile project management tool, ideally Jira
Experience in the following is also useful:
- Gherkin, ideally in Selenium/Behat/mink
- Service worker
- Web components
The Recruitment Process:
- The client will arrange a short telephone call with any potential candidates
- Following this, should you both be happy to progress to the next stage, they will set a coding exercise to complete at home - it is more about how you approach it rather than a straight pass / fail.
- If successful you will be invited to interview
Please note that due to a high volume of applications across all our adverts we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If you haven't had a response within 48 hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful.