Technical Architect (DevOps)
Competitive Salary & BenefitsA new and exciting position has arisen working as a DevOps Technical Architect
About the role
As the Technical Architect, reporting to the CIO, you will be responsible for definition and management of current, interim and target state architectures. This will include definition of principles, process and monitoring of key op documentation to ensure alignment. You will be responsible for the generation of the technology operating model
You will also be recognised as a technology SME, working with internal departments to facilitate the, definition and implementation of large technology projects.
The Technical Architect will play a pivotal role in defining and taking to execution new technology implementations into the AXELOS technical estate including key strategic deliveries such as Big Data, Privileged Access Management, GDPR adoption and delivery of the AXELOS app.
About Capita | Axelos
Axelos is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Axelos is a joint venture between Capita and the Cabinet Office which delivers and commercialises the Government's portfolio of best management practice training tools and services.
The business was launched in January 2014 to promote and grow a portfolio, including ITIL® - the world's most widely-used IT service management framework - and PRINCE2® - the world's most practised project management methodology.
What you will do:
- Management representation on the daily stand-up and daily operational management of the technical support processes
- Creation, Management to and maintenance of the current, target and interim state Business, Data, Application, Technology and Security architectures
- Creation, Management to and maintenance of all associated interface (ETL) process architectures in the current, target and interim states
- Work as the product owner with the CIO for technology, ensuring only systems conforming to agreed technical standards are implemented
- Be the technical representative for system RFI / RFP selections and supplier due diligence
- Act as a SME for technology, interfacing with development, support and business units to ensure technology gaps are understood, documented and raised for correction
- Act as a technical SME, for BCP, DR and offer 3rd line support for Axelos systems across development, UAT and production
- Ensure close working relationship with information security, ensuring that systems are secure by design and conformant to data protection regulations
Your experience will include:
- Clear understanding of infrastructure and cloud architectures
- Application solution architectures
- Database/Continual Integration /Continual Delivery architectures
- Experience across the whole Microsoft technology stack (Windows server 2012, Active Directory, IIS 8.5)
- Administration and configuration SQL Server Enterprise 2012
- Demonstrable experience in DevOps Tooling and implementing / managing continual release, integration and deployment workflows (TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GIT)
- Proven knowledge and experience of managing large scale, Virtual based, ICT hosting solutions (HyperV, WAFs, LoadBalancers, Firewalls)
- Experience in at least one programming language (.Net ideally)
- Knowledge of Data warehousing design and concepts
- Proven knowledge and experience of Web CMS systems particularly Kentico is highly desirable
- Knowledge of development of mobile applications and associated DRM tooling a plus
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.