FY2 SHO General Medicine
*FY2 General Medicine Doctors*
Athona Recruitment are looking for FY2 General Medicine Doctors for multiple sites
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the admission, clerking and day to day care of their patients on the General Medical wards, as assigned. This includes patients in the intensive therapy unit, the coronary care unit and any NHS patients they may have in the private wing on the hospital.
- To participate in audits and current research projects. These are available through individual Consultants.
- To attend the active postgraduate programme with weekly lectures, radiology, medical and pathology meetings and medical unit presentations.
- To contribute to the active journal club. There are 'bleep-free' obligatory sessions for teaching and these are part of the weekly timetable.
- To participate in the teaching of Foundation Doctors at the bedside as well as to Medical Students.
- To maintain a good working relationship with existing staff members in the hospital.
- To perform duties in occasional emergencies and unforeseen circumstances at the request of the appropriate Consultant in conjunction, where practicable, with their colleagues both senior and junior.
- To attend other hospitals within the Trust if so requested by the supervising Consultant.
- While it has been agreed between the Professions and Department of Health that junior doctors accept that they will perform extraordinary duties on occasions, the Secretary of State stresses that these additional commitments are exceptional and, in particular, that junior doctors should not be required to undertake work of this kind for long periods or on a regular basis. Rota Â This is a full time position and includes participation on the General Internal Medicine (GIM) on call rota.
to hear more about this post contact the permanent / International team on