Senior Finance Manager
Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India this is an exciting prospect for anyone looking to join Capita as it opens many doors in terms of progression opportunities in a range of sectors
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Manager to join the Managed IT Solutions division based in Newton Abbey (Just outside Belfast).
A pivotal Business Partnering role with PL responsibility for our growing Education business. The role will be the lead finance role as part of the Education management team providing the necessary financial rigour, challenge and ownership of the numbers and driving operational performance
- Partner with operational heads of service to deliver accurate and timely forecasts of financial performance, taking account of any potential operational risks and opportunities.
- Provide financial guidance and commercial challenge to the Operational management team.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting for the portfolio on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate representation of monthly P&L performance, reviewing the ledger to understand costs and supporting your transactions with appropriate reconciliations.
- Review reported performance against targets, challenge operations to produce and deliver action plans to improve the performance and ensure everyone understands and is able to explain the key drivers of variances.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business to influence financial performance and understand the contract, price and cost drivers and challenge assumptions where necessary.
- Review forecast against Business Plan and previous forecast targets, and ensure key drivers of variances are clearly understood.
- Produce accurate working capital forecasts, working to minimise working capital through accurate & timely billing to our client, and ensure query resolution on a timely basis.
- Deliver monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reporting to tight deadlines.
- Work with finance, operational and transformation teams to streamlining existing processes, designing new reports and processes where necessary.
- Help to identify requirements for change controls, working with the commercial and service teams to take account of changes to baseline.
- To assist with tracking capex approvals and purchases in line with projects in rollout
- Production of monthly MOB reports and present to management
- Owning and managing the BP process for your portfolio with the operations lead
- Identifying and executing improvement projects for the education finance team
- Line management of 4 staff
Provide leadership through the Capita Smarter Faster Finance programme
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified accountant with minimum of 5 years PQE
- Team management
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Operational exposure
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Solid Excel skills
- Able to communicate clearly - both written and orally.
- Confident to deal with Senior Managers and peers
- Axiom/Sap experience
In return we can offer you an excellent salary and benefits package combined with fantastic career progression.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.