Conference Producer-Life Sciences
Conference Producer - Life Sciences Sector
A market leading, global business events company located in Central London are looking for an individual with an outstanding academic background to join their expanding events business as a junior conference producer. This role sits within their most profitable sector, Life Sciences.
The invitation only events are tailored for C-Suite executives and are in the form of exclusive conferences, high quality seminars and private meetings.
The junior conference producer will take on a high degree of ownership, autonomy and diversity, and includes taking responsibility for the production and project management of both established events and new launches.
About the role
The role will report to the Head of Conference Production, focusing on bringing together the most important decision makers, executives, experts and consultants across the life sciences sector.
You will build your own conference from scratch, researching the hot topics from industry, speaking with key stakeholders, creative input, and elements of marketing and budgetary management. This is a classic project management role with high financial reward through a lucrative profit share offering.
- Identify and build relationships with key industry experts and leaders
- Research the market to understand key trends and topics
- Research and build a database of industry specific conference delegates, speakers and sponsors
- Produce profitable conferences via telephone research, meetings and networking
- Life Science related degree
- Strong academics - at least a 2:1 in an academic subject
- Commercial work experience beneficial
- Comfortable speaking to senior executives on the phone
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong business acumen - understand issues and spot opportunities
- Comfortable networking
- Very detail oriented
- Extremely organised and intuitive
- Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
- Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.