Commutable from Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 plus excellent benefits
Our client is a well established capital equipment manufacturer, who now has an excellent opportunity for an experience Senior Strategic Buyer to join their team.
As the Strategic Buyer you’ll work closely with the suppliers to ensure they meet their demands, whilst developing long-term procurement strategies, completing audits and selecting of new suppliers. With an extensive product range and hi-tech components being sourced, Therefore it is crucial for this role to sustained the highest standards of supply, cost and quality are maintained at all times
- Drives total cost reduction across the supply chain by focusing on identifying cost down opportunities
- Identifies and sources new worldwide suppliers
- Manages and develops mutually beneficial existing supplier relationships
- Works with suppliers to ensure KPI’s are achieved and maintained
- Identifies, plans and implements continuous improvement opportunities within the supply chain to achieve best practice
- Manages and negotiates supplier contracts on an international basis
- Uses just in time principles to meet production demands
- Works cross functionally with all areas of the business, particularly engineering and production
- Co-ordinates materials activities with worldwide materials to achieve total lowest cost for the business
- Drives the application and development of purchasing functional excellent.
- Previous experience as a buyer working with a global supply base
- CIP’s qualified or is working towards qualification
- Excellent communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of buying for an engineering department would be an advantage
- Is able to undertake worldwide travel on a regular basis
- Ability to read technical drawings
Our client is looking for someone with can-do attitude, who has the eagerness and drive to succeed in a thriving, fast paced environment.
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7319