An exciting opportunity has arisen with a care provider with a great reputation nationally - they are seeking an Area Manager to cover five services across Durham, Tyne & Wear and Northumberland. They are a range of residential, supported living and nursing home services for working age adults who have acquired brain injuries, mental health needs, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and neurological conditions, with the overall aim being to get them back into the community.
The company itself have acquired these services in the last couple of years so there have been lots of ongoing changes to get these up to standard. This is a newly created position, for someone to continue this progress and provide strong leadership and direction for the Registered Managers and staff teams.
They are looking for candidates who already have multi-site experience, ideally with larger complex services. They need someone who has up to date, best practice knowledge of complex adults' services and exceptional knowledge of CQC.
- Salary: £40,000 - £42,000
- Mileage paid at a rate of 40p per mile
- Other benefits include pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
Purpose of Position:
- To generate more therapeutic interactions with people, general engagement with staff, creating a more person centred culture etc
- Working in partnership with existing Registered Managers to deliver high quality outcomes and full CQC compliance
- To support the Regional Operations Director to provide management support and input across all five sites
- At least 5 years' experience in the care sector and a sound knowledge of the client groups described
- Ideally you should have a relevant professional Qualification at Level 5 in Care or Management - however you will not be registered with CQC
- Able to juggle multiple projects, prioritise workload and organize your own diary
- Excellent management skills, able to provide guidance to Registered Managers and carry out performance management responsibilities
- Able to travel across the region, as well as other parts of the north for monthly meetings and occasionally you may support other Area Managers
- Good financial skills, able to manage large budgets
If you are interested in this vacancy please send your CV to and I will give you a call. Alternatively you can call me on for more information.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. If you know anyone who is looking for work at the moment then please get in touch!