Job Title - Procurement Manager
Location - FERA Science Ltd - Sand Hutton - York
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About the role
We are seeking a proven and commercially focussed Procurement professional to own the end to end procurement process within Fera. You will develop, manage and maintain relationships with key suppliers, drive consolidation and simplification throughout the supply chain and deliver material bottom line savings in addition to embedding process efficiencies.
Working closely with scientists and other business professionals will provide you with a diverse role, based at the purpose-built research and innovation campus set in stunning countryside within easy reach of the historic city of York. You will liaise closely with divisional procurement teams to ensure compliance and adherence to group standards and expectations.
About Capita | FERA
FERA Science Ltd is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with over 70,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita entered a Joint Venture with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), and FERA provides scientific services to government and commercial customers, such as food retailers and manufacturers of crop protection products, in the UK and overseas.
FERA Science Ltd specialises in translating scientific knowledge into practical applications, such as helping to ensure food safety and quality 'from farm to fork', sustainable crop production, environmental management and conservation. It also plays a key role in the UK's ability to respond to, and recover from, emergency situations affecting the food chain and rural economy.
What you will do:
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with key suppliers, driving adoption of agreed contracts to help drive savings
- Drive consolidation and simplification throughout the supply chain working across all Fera programmes
- Own, deliver and report against Fera procurement savings targets
- Embedding supplier changes and new processes into the operation, owning the end to end process and ensuring efficiencies are identified and realised
- Lead the transition of Fera systems (SAP Ariba) to support delivery of supplier punch-out catalogues and ensure supporting processes help drive full user adoption
- Manage the process and analysis for the measuring of supplier performance so that effective feedback takes place to facilitate continuous improvement.
Your experience will include:
- 5+ years of Procurement and/or Commercial role experience
- Track record in supplier selection, negotiation, implementation and complex contract management delivering cost/ savings targets
- Delivering procurement projects with evidence of strategy development
- Evidence developing relationships and working with stakeholders and suppliers
- Is innovative, self-starting and results orientated. Understands the 'value-add' of a procurement professional.
- Good interpersonal and engagement skills with ability to develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- A clear, concise communicator (oral and written)
- Displays a high degree of organisational skills and manages own time effectively and efficiently whilst working across multiple engagements.
- Commitment to service and delivery excellence
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, access to the company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.