UK Reconciliation & Control Manager
UK Reconciliation & Control Manager
Salary £35,000-£38,000 + 3% flexible benefits + discretionary bonus + contributory pension
A rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. We are looking for a UK Reconciliation & Control Manager who truly wants to make an impact on our organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and developing Lowell's finance assurance team. They will be controlling and reconciling all inbound and outbound customer payments, ensuring client payments are calculated and remitted in a robust manner and managing the exception reporting process.
We have a strong track record of sustainable growth which is set to continue - the team that helps to deliver that will be rewarded for their contributions with a competitive package including market rate salaries, flexible benefits and annual bonus.
- A qualified accountant is not required; however, candidates need to be highly numerate with a rudimentary understanding of double-entry book keeping. MAAT qualified, or working towards would be very beneficial
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
- A working knowledge of the UK payment industry is essential
- Generally high level of IT literacy and advanced Microsoft Excel skills is essential
- A working knowledge of FCA client money rules and procedures is desirable
- Knowledge of operational risk management (i.e. CISI qualification) is desirable
- Previously experience in a high volume processing environment is desirable
- Previously experience with reconciliation and autorec platforms is desirable
- Business Analyst or the ability to flowchart complex business processes is desirable
- Graduate calibre within a Finance or Business Analyst discipline
Reporting to the Operational Finance Manager your responsibilities will include:-
- Management and development of direct reports and a support team
- Ensure all inbound and outbound payments are controlled, reconciled and authorised
- Management and operation of the Group's auto-reconciliation platform (circa 3 million transactions per month)
- Management of the month-end close and various bank reconciliations
- Represent Ops Finance on all project working parties ensuring the Finance voice is heard and financial controls are embedded within Group projects
- Represent Ops Finance on various Group committees
- Suggest and implement procedural changes to improve processes and controls
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- People management
- Ability to communicate with all areas of the business
- Ability to influence key stakeholders through written and verbal communication
- Numeracy skills and strong attention to detail
- Change Management Skills
- Analytical and Investigative Skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Well organised, goal orientated
- High level of self-motivation and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
One of just 200 companies to hold Champion Investor in People status our customer service is currently rated as 'outstanding' by Investor in Customers, the UK's leading customer experience consultancy. We are a leading provider of credit management services specialising in collection, data analytics and customer insight. Our Leeds office is our headquarters and also the centre for our debt purchase business.
Through our debt purchasing arm we work with a range of creditors and service providers including banks and mobile phone companies. We buy their non-performing accounts, and then work with each individual customer to establish and agree a tailored repayment plan based on their circumstances.
With 14 million owned accounts and 800 team members we set up over 130,000 new arrangements, make and receive over 3 million calls and send 4 million letters a month.
Our strong track record of success is based on great people giving 100% commitment to deliver great results both for our customers and for our business.
- Competitive salary, annual bonus and pay reviews, contributory pension and 3% flexible benefits pot with options including cycle to work, critical illness, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, travel insurance, dining club and retail discounts.
- Ability to buy and sell up to one week's worth of holiday subject to start date
- Free shuttle bus from Leeds City Centre
- Subsidised restaurant and free on-site gym
- A range of incentives designed to communicate, connect, develop, involve and recognise our team
- 11-strong learning and development team offering a range of internal and external programmes and financial support for qualifications to support career progression
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity and to join a winning team, click apply and attach your CV. You must be eligible to work in the UK.