We are a leading distributor and servicer of specialist engineering and a leading supplier in our field to the UKs largest production companies. We are a family owned business with a strong work ethic based in Brislington.
About the role
We are looking for a credit controller to join our team in Bristol. This is a great opportunity for someone with credit control experience who wishes to take control and manage a large ledger (aprx 3000 customers) of repeat business.
Example Duties & Personal Specification
Training will be given on our processes and systems, but there are some key attributes we require.
- General credit control - chasing debts by email, phone & letters
- Ownership of 'On-Stop' process & legal proceedings for customers where required
- Sending monthly customer statements
- Posting & allocation of daily bankings
- Monthly Invoice Finance reconciliation
- Resolving customer invoicing queries
- Maintenance of customer account status
- Monthly Aged Debt reporting to senior management
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook primarily)
- Sage 50 experience is highly desirable
- Credithound experience is also highly desirable
- Must have excellent telephone manner
- Dynamic with good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
- Able to prioritise workload and be reactive to customer needs
- Logical and able to understand differing customer situations
- Proactive approach with high attention to detail