Facilities and Estates Supervisor
Bury Grammar Schools are currently recruiting for a hands-on Facilities and Estates Supervisor to help manage our 45-acre estate in Bury, Lancashire. The estate comprises of: Bury Grammar School Girls (Seniors) - the oldest part of this building dates back to 1903 and houses our magnificent Roger Kay Assembly Hall. The Edwardian building has been extensively added to and refurbished over the years and skilfully blends the old and new. It is home to our modern joint sixth form centre that was opened in 2014. Bury Grammar School Boys (Seniors) - a large, bright, well equipped 1950s / 1960s building that houses the school’s dining halls. Bury Grammar School Girls (Juniors) - newly built in 1997 this modern, airy building offers classrooms, a library and assembly hall. Bury Grammar School Boys (Juniors) - a splendid 1920s former magistrate’s court building. Bury Grammar School Infant and Pre-School - a modern building of exceptional design opened in 2008. In addition to the main school buildings, we have extensive sports facilities:
- 2 x sports halls
- Swimming pool
- Tennis courts, grass rugby, football and cricket pitches, hockey pitches and netball courts
- A new suite of artificial sports playing surfaces, including an exceptional 3G facility along with a sprint and jump track, and 2 multi-use games areas 20 acres of pristine grass football and rugby pitches.
This is a customer focused role to provide effective support across the Estates function with particular focus on management of the estates team, management of contractors on site, operation of the helpdesk and upkeep of the asset management system, all ensuring the smooth operation of the site.
The Facilities and Estates Supervisor will support the Head of Estates in the provision of a high quality, efficient Estates service for the school. This is a customer focused role to provide effective support across the Estates function with particular focus on management of the estates team, management of contractors on site, operation of the helpdesk and upkeep of the asset management system, all ensuring the smooth operation of the site.The salary will range from £26,000 to £28,000 and will be a Monday to Friday role, working the hours of 7:30am to 4:40pm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the estates team ensuing it operates smoothly and efficiently.
- Management of contractors on site ensuring compliance with all statutory and safeguarding duties
- Operation of the helpdesk ensuring all job requests are managed appropriately.
- Upkeep of the asset management system ensuring the school remains compliant with all statutory duties.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications (All desirable):
IOSH - Managing safely
Level 3 Pool Plant Operations
P901 - Legionella - Management and Control of Building Hot and Cold Water Services
P405 - Asbestos - Management of Asbestos in Buildings
Line management of staff
Working on a similar site
Building services - Heating, plumbing, electrical, telephones, CCTV, Security, etc
- All individuals who join Bury Grammar Schools will automatically become members of our Pension Scheme unless they decide to opt out of the Scheme. The employee contribution will be a contribution of 5% which is matched by Bury Grammar Schools
- Fee remission will be offered for children to attend Bury Grammar Schools from reception onwards; children of staff must meet the academic requirements of the School
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free use of after school club for children who are pupils at the Schools between set times.
- Daily lunch allowance at the School canteen during term time
- Free parking on-site
- Holidays 22 days plus 8 statutory days, pro-rata’d for part time staff, rising to 25 days plus 8 statutory days after 5 years’ service.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent