A Recoveries Agent is needed to join, Uncle Buck a market leader within the consumer loans market. You will form part of a highly talented team working closely with the Litigations Manager on aged debts referred over by the internal Collections Department. The purpose of this role is to regain engagement with the business customers and determine solutions to resolve and recover monies owed, in a swift and timely manner.
Founded in 2004 our established and well-regarded financial services company employs over 50 people from our operations centre near Westerham, Kent. Placing customer service at the heart of the business we have an incredibly exciting year lined up with huge plans on the horizon. Due to this growth, we now require a Recoveries Agent to join our dedicated and passionate team.
Duties & responsibilities
- Demonstrate a highly skilled ability to collect aged debt, you need to be able to think fast and stand out from the crowd;
- Manage an agreed caseload of clients, by providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with regulatory standards and internal quality requirements;
- Negotiating settlements and repayment options which will provide first call solutions;
- Maintaining customer agreements, including chasing of failed arrangements;
- Working within a team environment, building relationships and rapport with both colleagues and customers;
- Pro-actively engaging with debtors to ensure timely resolution and informing them of next options/steps;
- Resolving complex queries;
- Process cases in a timely and cost-effective basis;
- Identify and flag potential customers who meet the criteria for litigation activity;
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate legislation and regulatory bodies and adhering to company policies and procedures.
To qualify… As this role requires the expertise of highly skilled recovery agents, current or recent experience in Debt Recovery, Debt Enforcement or management of late staged debt is essential.
Your skills should show…
- A highly motivated, energetic and dedicated professional;
- Ability to show empathy and apply assertiveness where appropriate;
- Eye for detail;
- Invigorative Thinker;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Highly skilled Negotiator, you should consider yourself persuasive and disciplined;
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive under challenging cases;
- Able to demonstrate exceptional multitasking skills;
- Excellent organisation skills, oral and written communication;
- Experience in Debt Recovery, Debt Enforcement (1-2 years).
What we offer…
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 following 5 years’ service)
- Birthdays off
- Wedding/Civil Partnership Leave
- Perkbox Benefi
- Reporting to: Litigation Manager
- Job Title:Permanent
- Working hours: 38h/week. Shifts worker. Office working hours: 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.