Service Engineer - £245k, Welwyn Garden City
We are currently offering an excellent opportunity for an engineer to join our well-established belt repair, maintenance and installation team based in Welwyn Garden City. This is a terrific opportunity for someone to become a Fitter who wants to develop their skills further and take a more responsible and varied job role.
This Fitting/Maintenance and Service Support/Engineering type role will require a flexible attitude towards working hours as the successful candidate will be on call on a rota basis. You will be required to cover a 24/7 Mobile Fitting call out service.
The standard hours are 37.5 but there is an opportunity to work approximately 15 extra hours per week, possibly a combination of evenings and weekends as the business requires.
As Mobile Belt Fitter/Engineer, your role will be extremely varied, no two days will be the same. You will predominately work on making, installing, maintaining and repairing belts across a wide variety of industries from Print and Automotive through to Textile and the Food industry.
You will be based from the centre in Welwyn Garden City but you will be required to attend field calls when required, either on an individual basis or with the other Mobile Fitters/Engineers within your team.
The successful Fitter will hold the required skill and experience to thrive within this role, including;
- Educated to GSCE or equivalent & ideally with a good standard of Maths
- Experience within a similar role is ideal however full training will be provided if required - so candidates new to the industry/apprentices are welcome to apply
- Full Driving Licence
- Results driven with a logical & mechanical thought process and a solution finder
- You may have experience within one or more of the following roles; Belt Fitter, Maintenance Support Engineer, Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanic, and Conveying Machine Installation
- Excellent communication skills and friendly personable demeanour
Salary: The company offers an excellent salary £24765 after training with a further £10k overtime payments offering you the opportunity to influence your salary.
Benefits: Annual Leave - Starting at 22 days up to 27 day over a 10 year period, great overtime rates, company performance related bonus, company Vehicle - van (with the exception of when you are on holiday), tax payable if used for person use, own fuel for personal use, Health & Safety & other relevant training and Pension!
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.