Employee Benefits Consultant
Employee Benefits Consultant
Salary: negotiable for the right candidate depending upon experience and qualifications.
Location: Cambridge but with an ability to work from all our offices as required. A full driving licence is a requirement.
Client: They are leading provider of professional advice to both business and private clients. Specialising in accountancy, tax, audit, insurance, employee benefits and independent financial planning advice to owner-managed companies, corporate operations and private individuals.
My Client is looking for an experienced Employee Benefits Consultant to hit the ground running and work from their Cambridge or Ipswich office.
If you’re ready for a role where you can develop your skills and work as part of an experienced Employee Benefits team then this is the position for you. We need an ambitious and self-motivated individual to be part of a team where Chartered and Independent advice is the norm.
Employee Benefits Consultant Responsibilities:
• undertake marketing activities, including seminars, group meetings and one to one meetings with introducers and potential clients;
• to undertake face to face meetings with clients and other professionals;
• to liaise with IFA, Tax, Payroll and Accounts teams to provide best practice advice to clients;
• to facilitate the production of reports and recommendations, liaising with the support team and ensuring the documentation issued to clients is technically correct and accurate;
• dealing with renewals and advising on all aspects of Employee Benefits including pension, healthcare group risk and voluntary benefits;
• advising on, designing and running flexible benefit schemes;
• working closely with the support team to ensure benefits are managed accurately and clients kept up to date;
• maintaining and developing client relationships;
• developing opportunities for the wider business;
• in order to facilitate high quality advice, ensuring you keep their technical knowledge up to date through an ongoing programme of training and competence;
• the Employee Benefits Consultant must ensure the provision of financial advice is in accordance with the Financial Services Authority requirements.
Employee Benefits Consultant Experience and Qualifications:
Candidates will need a good understanding of Employee Benefits to include all relevant tax, pensions, benefits plus a proven ability to generate new clients and develop a network of relationships.
Candidates will need to have the Financial Planning Certificate (now called the Certificate in Financial Planning).
My client also encourages their Advisers to have completed the Advanced Financial Planning Certificate to demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and ideally we would like our Employee Benefits Consultants to have undertaken the Advanced Financial Planning Certificates, G10 Taxation of Trusts, G20 Personal Investment Planning, G60 Pensions with the goal to be Chartered Financial Advisers.
Job benefits / what you will get in return:
Opportunity to make your mark in one of the region’s leading financial services firms
Competitive salary and benefits package
Parking - Easy access to A12 or A14 for commuting