Accounts Receivable / Cash Allocation Administrator
An excellent opportunity for an accounts receivable / cash allocation specialist to join the EMEA subsidiary of international business with impressive blue chip clients. City of London.
As accounts receivable administrator you will perform a variety of tasks related to the daily operations of cash management within the business (EMEA turnover approximately £80 million per annum).
- Posting of multicurrency cash receipts for all Bank Accounts
- Identify cash in line with customer remittance details
- Allocation of cash receipts to the correct company ledger
- Follow up, and identify for posting, any unknown cash receipts via bank, internally or through customer
- Process Credit Card Transactions on line, and ensure all payment information remains secure
- Reconcile the 'daily receipts posting journal’ against the bank statement, to ensure both are in agreement. Reconciling bank statements entries with customer payments. Reconcile all banks and cash ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Resolve reconciliation issues through posting adjustments and corrective journals. Month end reconciliations, deciding which accounts need to be "provided for" as bad debts
- Assist clients; answer informational inquiries regarding all aspects of cash management across the ledger
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints and concerns, to maintain and enhance positive customer perceptions of all areas of the accounts receivable and billing department activities.
- Communicate and resolve any internal query regarding payment details as seen in the cash control spreadsheet
- Flag any large unknown payment amounts internally
- Prepare a daily cash control spreadsheet plotting receipts against targets
- Compile data for, and assist in preparation of, any needed financial reports.
- Maintain security of cash, cheques, and credit card details at all times.
- Archive all historical information over 3 months old in an easily identifiable manner
- Perform related or standard work or other related duties to assist other service areas
- Raise Pro-Forma Invoices
- Billing / Sales Ledger: Occasional manual customer sales invoices and credit notes
Knowledge Skills and Experience Required
- The ability to manage accounts receivable administration - cash allocation, invoicing, and some journal entries
- Knowledge of multicurrency manual cash processes, awareness of automated and online banking services and reconciliation techniques.
- Problem solving skills. Mathematical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse customer base.
- 2 years’ cash handling / Cashier / Cash Allocation experience within an accounts receivable or credit control department.
- IT literate - Advanced in Excel, proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Has worked with blue chip customers / corporate clients
- Has liaised with Financial Shared Service Centres
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Familiarity with Purchase to Pay Policies
- Experience of working in multiple currencies
- AAT qualification
- Temp (circa £14 per hour) or Temp to Perm: Salary circa £25,000 plus benefits including Company Contributory Pension