Contributions Lineage Clerk Payments Administrator
For: Payments Administrator
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/05938
Meyer-Scott have worked with this business for some time and can therefore vouch for their culture and the way they look after their people.
A business which has journalism at its very heart. Their newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
If you are interested in working for this business, they are attracted to people who are willing to stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to their readers and customers. They embrace creativity and initiative and have some of the most talented people in the industry.
You will be managing payments to contributors for major newspapers. Therefore if you have good Excel skills and a background of dealing with multiple expense claims, have done accounts payable, or credit control.
It is a priority that you are flexible as you will need to travel to the London office for training and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. For the first 3 - 4 months for training purposes you will be going to London once a week. After that it is likely to be once a month as part of the role. A good opportunity to get a monthly fix of our Capital - only 1 hour away by train!
The Role involves:
· Responsibility for lineage & picture contributor payments
· Maintain payment models used for lineage & pictures
· Liaising with desks daily to sort payment queries
· Work closely with commissioning editors to ensure smooth payment process
· Manage expenses process through communication with the desks and the managing editors office
· Assist Finance Analyst with data queries
· Managing various mailboxes
· Ad hoc queries / duties
You will need the following skills:
· Strong communication skills
· Good excel skills and the ability to learn new systems
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Good time management and prioritising skills
· Drive and enthusiasm
· You will need to be willing to learn new systems.
Only working a 35 hour week. 9am - 5pm.