Software Engineer Global Leader in Knowledge Search
What We're Looking For...
- 2-5+ years of experience with HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors, especially SASS/SCSS
- Excellent understanding of the CSS box and flexible box models
- Experience building responsive interfaces and browser optimisation
- A strong eye for UI/UX design
- Experience with modern languages such as Ruby, Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc. is a bonus
- Experience with visual regression testing is a bonus
- Work well in project teams and make teammates better
- Enjoy teaching and mentoring
- Always positive
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership in product, people and technology is a bonus
- Have accomplished something that impresses us - in a previous job, team, open source, etc.
- Take ownership of our code base - when you work on code you leave it in better shape than you found it
- You’ll join our front-end team and build reusable and maintainable components and styles that our team can use on different frameworks (e.g., Rails, Ember, React, CSS).
- You’ll work across all product teams to ensure that design and user experience is unified across our applications. You'll work in two-week iterations and be part of iteration planning and retros.
- You’ll be expected to understand and collaborate with designers and product teams so you can make well-informed software decisions. Armed with this knowledge you’ll be trusted to act autonomously and influence process/workflows, product direction, and technology choices.
- You’ll be writing high quality and maintainable code. You’ll also be expected to pair with & coach teammates, review PRs, help others with technical questions & share your own learnings, and be a part of growing the team.