Business Intelligence Developer
Business Intelligence Developer
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Ambridge Harris has partnered up with our successful client based in Bristol in order to recruit a Business Intelligence Developer. The BI developer will provide the technical foundation for the execution of our BI strategy.
As the post holder, you will;
- Be at the forefront of utilising data to improve people's lives.
- Design, build, maintain and enhance a robust data platform which will allow for data discovery and self-service insight & reporting.
- Collaborate with the BI manager and information analysts to devise reporting suites, KPIs, cubes, data discovery tools and data visualisation tools.
- Lead on the data governance of business intelligence activities. Including leading on deploying, documenting and testing of the output of the BI team.
Technical competency (qualifications and training)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, plus previous experience in a business intelligence focussed environment. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Business intelligence certifications
- Project management qualifications (e.g. Agile, Scrum)
- Minimum of one year's experience developing BI data solutions, preferably using the Microsoft BI stack
- Demonstrable experience in designing and developing robust, dynamic and scalable ETL solutions
- Demonstrable understanding of a successful BI function and the transformation of raw data into reporting and insight that informs business users and business processes
- Demonstrable experience of deploying insight through business analytics tool (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik)
Skills and Attributes
- Proven expertise in the Microsoft BI Stack - SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS & Excel
- Proven expertise in designing, building and implementing successful data solutions through effective use of data modelling and data architecture
- Demonstrable experience in SSAS & SharePoint report integration
- Ability to work in an Agile and SCRUM methodology, collaborating closely with the BI team to solve complex problems in a timely fashion
Personal qualities, communicating and relating to others
- Excellent, clear and confident communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to learn quickly, use initiative and a desire for continual self improvement
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Problem solving and analysis
- Relationship management
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and implement data warehouse solutions. Colloborate with the BI manager and information analysts to devise reporting suites, data discovery and data visualisation tools.
- Develop blended BI reports, cubes, KPIs and self-service data anlaysis functionality tools using data from the OLTP systems and data derived externally.
- Fostering open dialogue with business users to proactively identify and address potential issues. While also advising business users on best practice.
- Contribute to effective data governance of business data. This may include documentation, data quality, data management, data policies, business process management and risk management surrounding the handling of business data.
- Work with the rest of the BI team and communicate complex concepts and solutions to the BI team and to peers.
- Creating and managing the BI release cycle. Including internal testing, UAT, documentation and deployment.
- Implementing and maintaining effective source control for all the data solutions provided by the BI team.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.