DBA / BI Developer - Complex data projects, scale-up business
- Work with one of the South West’s most progressive and reputable software houses.
- Excellent opportunities to learn new skills and for future progression.
- Sociable office with a friendly atmosphere and a real emphasis on staff happiness.
One of Bristol’s fastest growing software houses are beginning an ambitious scale-up through 2018 and one of current requirements is for a Database Administrator / BI Developer to join the team. Given the rate of new clients / projects, your role in the team will be essential in creating better database models and systems. It’s a fantastic work environment with great progression and a really progressive tech-driven mentality.
What skills you’ll need
- Professional experience in a DBA or BI Developer position or similar.
- MSSQL and SSIS experience.
- Designing and creating ETLs.
- Experience working on projects for medium to large scale businesses.
- Proven statistical analysis skills.
- Any experience using Azure would be a bonus.
You will be working with the Senior BI Developer to discover and create new and/or more efficient ways to create database models and systems. You’ll be responsible for the full cycle, from designing the database systems to building and maintaining, including data warehouses, and will be a crucial part of the team as the business goes through its rapid scale-up. You’ll be working with the wider team to identify business challenges and create database applications to help solve the issues. Your project work will include both internal team projects and external client work when necessary.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be working in a smart, collaborative and social working environment; everyone gets involved in all sorts of tech events, hackathons & LAN parties so you can too! On top of that you’ll really get treated as a grown up with a strong level of personal responsibility and autonomy. You’ll be working across a wide range of exciting projects and clients; no two weeks will be the same! There’s excellent progression, training and opportunities for those looking to really stretch themselves further their careers.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now or get in touch with Jack for more information.