Business Teacher from February until July 2018
Rotherwood Teachers are currenlty looking for a long term Business Teacher from February until July 2018.
The schools is a very well supported school but you will be required to engage and promote the school ethos.
You will be required convey enthusiasm, energy and passion for Business Studies and Economics to
inspire students to develop a love of learning.
• Use a variety of teaching methods, differentiated to meet the needs of individual
students, in order to stretch and challenge each student.
• Ensure that cross-curricular ICT, Literacy and Numeracy are reflected in the teaching
and learning experience of students.
• Set and mark homework in accordance with school policy and the homework
• Set and maintain high standards of student work in the classroom. Inform the
Subject Leader of any student whose work is exceptional or giving cause for concern.
• Modify teaching for students with Special Educational Needs, and work with any Teaching Assistant in order to maximize student progress.
• Ensure students work and behave well in class and deal with unsatisfactory work or behavior in accordance with school policy.
• Maintain a stimulating learning environment. Keep classrooms tidy and arrange for
appropriate displays of students’ work.
Assess student work in accordance with statutory requirements, school policy and
examination board requirements.
• Use agreed subject assessments to diagnose student strengths and areas for
development, planning subsequent teaching accordingly.
• Maintain a record of student attainments.
• Use data to monitor student progress, provide support and guidance to ensure that
no boy falls behind.
• Write reports on students, complete progress checks and attend meetings with
parents as required by the school calendar.
Hold a valid teaching qualification such as a PGCE, QTS or QTLS
Provide details of at least two referees covering the last 5 years' work history
Possess a current criminal record check (Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the online update service) or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail or would lge a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Please contact Rotherwood Teachers NOW!