Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional, dedicated and experienced Learning DisabilitiesSupport Workers with experience in British Sign Language and/or Makaton who can offer commitment to delivering the highest quality of care to our clients with learning disabilities in the Bath area of Somerset.The Position
It's essential you are as confident delivering personal care as you are enabling an individual to undertake the activities in life they desire. You should have a mindful approach of protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence at all times.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. You will have a conscientious and dedicated approach, putting the needs and welfare of the client at the center of all you do.
Worried about the stability of a steady income working for an agency? We hire permanent staff, with options to work flexible day, night or weekend hours to suit family and home life. We are currently seeking staff who take pride in their clinical ability to work with our service users.The Benefits
- Salary of up to £14.66/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours
- Ongoing training and development, free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support team based in Bath
- Free uniform through credits earned as your work
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
We are offering a flexible role, meaning you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, presenting the opportunity to tailor your schedule to fit family and other commitments.
All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income. We are not and have never been a 'zero hours' employer.Your Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Bath, a short walk from the local train station and the renowned Roman Baths. We cover a wide area, ranging from Eastern Somerset regions such as Glastonbury and Wells, over to Trowbridge, Warminster and of course the local city areas of Bath.The Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a support worker role in a learning disability setting in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Experience with Basic Sign Language is desirable for this role.
You should be willing to travel within the local areas to reach client locations, with access to your own vehicle desirable.Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.