Data Analyst UK
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From inkjet printers, 3LCD interactive projectors, to augmented reality smart glasses and robots, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
We are searching for a Data Analyst to support our Product Management teams within our BI business unit. Reporting to the Manager, Product Marketing, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing tools, reports, analysis and insight across Epson's Business Print & Scan products.
This role is based within our European head office at Westside, Hemel Hempstead.
- Develop and maintain a Segmented Market Overview/Dashboard Format per country and regions that includes share, actuals and forecast
- Contribute to the Market Intelligence projects, working with PM Teams
- Provide summary data of latest market information for monthly sales reporting
- Work with multiple data sources to draw conclusions, and monitor the data (working with PM and Market Research Teams)
- Provide Tool(s) to allow Product Managers and ESC's to compare our products vs competition on specifications, pricing / cost per page, and total cost of ownership basis. Update this tool with new Epson and Competitor products launches, and with monthly price updates
- Helps product manager to keep an exhaustive table of specifications of Epson products, and helps fill the needed specification into our Epson Internal database for sharing with other groups in the company, that finally will end up in the webpage / brochures, etc
Sales / Operational Analysis
- Create, support and update tools-dashboards that help visualize current status of the business in terms of sales actuals (Volume and revenue), achievement, Channel development status, pipeline status
- Track all key performance indicators relating to the Business Sales Divisions dashboard
- Support Business Planning, Mid Term Planning and Sales Forecast Processes (BP, MTP, FCx) with tools to ease-up and automate the processes as much as possible, including inclusion of Market Data / Market Share, actuals and forecast
- Provide and Support tools that allow to ease-up as much as possible the monthly forecasting and allocation process, gathering data from different sources, such as pipeline reports, quotations reports
- Provide and Support tools that will allow product managers to set the prices for Business Products, shows the full stack and allows to build the price from several entry points (such as minimum NetNet set by HQ, from expected User Buy Price, from expected Reseller Buying price)
- Collation of Monthly reporting cycles
- Development of local reporting and analysis tools where necessary
- Sales intelligence including competitive threats, viability of outside business partners, internal business performance and business process improvement
- Pull together CRM analysis for the Product managers and sales support team including improvements plans and strategies
- Support ad hoc projects as required
Channel Data Collection & Analysis
- Analysis and interpretation of channel stock and sales data to establish key conclusions
- Identification of additional reports required to gain a clearer understanding of retailer business (e.g. sales, market position, stock-holding)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of providing high level data on which decisions can be made
- Highly numerate, analytical and experienced in dealing with large amounts of data
- Able to communicate complex information
- Degree level education (ideally mathematical)
- Highly competent and practised in Advanced Excel functionality, SQL and Visual Basic
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.