IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager - Birmingham
About the role
An opportunity exists to join a team of Project Managers with the Delivery Services function. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To manage the development and implementation of IT projects to time, cost and quality.
- To have a full understanding of service delivery arrangements for IT.
- Be able to analyse complex business processes and develop user requirements.
- To develop a full understanding of the business area and be able to liaise effectively with clients to deliver suitable solutions.
- To be able to pull on previous experience of managing technical projects.
- To produce documentation to support IT processes.
- To comply with project management methodology and Service Birmingham procedures.
- To manage a small project team.
- To manage a number of projects at any one time.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
Your experience will include:
- Prince 2 qualified with a thorough understanding of project management.
- Proven experience of delivering large projects to time, cost and quality.
- Background in infrastructure, application software and business change
- Good ICT knowledge and experience
- Strong change, issue and risk management skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Proven experience of stakeholder management - suppliers and customers.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise workload/tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with a range of people at all levels across the organisation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver to strict project deadlines.
- Flexible working approach.
- Experience of leading/managing small project teams.
- Background of delivery of a mixture of project types, i.e. infrastructure, business change, applications, integration etc.
- Ability to respond positively to working under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
- To work at other locations as determined by the project/work allocated.
- Experience of working with direct labour organisations is highly desirable as is knowledge of local government.
- An appreciation of the issues facing ICT in the near future.
- An understanding of partnership working and ability to progress future requirements relating to this.
- Understanding and commitment to Customer Care
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.